- New 0300 numbers are now available for HMRC helplines which are cheaper to use.(Self Assessment - 0300 200 3310), (VAT - 0300 210 3700), (PAYE - 0300 200 3300), (Employer helpline - 0300 210 3210), (Construction Industry Scheme - 0300 210 3210)
- 19 August - PAYE & NIC deductions and CIS return and
tax is due for the month to 5/8/13 (due 22 August if you pay
- Paper tax returns for self assessment are due on 31 October.
- HMRC has published a consultation document in connection with Class 2 National Insurance contributions for self employed individuals.
- To improve the collection of tax debt, HMRC are planning further changes to the coding out of debts and underpayments. HMRC want to make better use of coding out by allowing larger debts to be collected through PAYE from those with higher earnings.
- Under the current tax system 'mileage allowance payments' can be made through business travel. Under this system, per-mile mileage payments made by an employer to an employee are not subject to Income Tax, as long as they are paid at or below the rate set by the Government.
- The National Insurance Holiday comes to an end on 5 September 2013. If you're a new business having started up in the last 12 months, please check the position of the first qualifying employees that the business employed during its first period of trade following start up.