Over 2,500 new businesses were set up within the Cheshire West and Chester area last year.
The figures, by national enterprise StartUp Britain, shown 2,893 businesses were set up in 2016, ranking the authority 54th out of 380 UK local authorities.
The research shown a 19.1 per cent increase from last year’s figures, with 464 more new businesses than 2015.
Nationally figures from last year broke the record, with 657,790 new businesses registered with Companies House last year, up from 608,100 in 2015 and 581,173 in 2014.
“These are great figures,” said John Farrell, Accounts Senior at Ellis & Co Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers.
“The number of start-ups, both nationally and locally, is very impressive considering the uncertainty for UK businesses after the referendum.
“It’s great news for the economy, at Ellis & Co we pride ourselves on helping start-ups grow and succeed on the road ahead.”
Are you thinking about setting up your own business?
Being confronted with the various financial and legal aspects of a business start-up can be extremely daunting on your own.
As experts in business start-ups, our accountants and business advisers can explain every step of the process and guide you through the various stages. From preparing a business plan to registering your business; tax advice, payroll and bookkeeping; and advice on accounting software.
The Ellis & Co business start-up programme provides:
• Initial free one hour meeting with a qualified accountant to discuss your financial needs. (Whether you are looking for advice on starting a new business, becoming a sole trader or limited company, general accountancy work or tax planning).
• A dedicated accountant assigned to you who will be the principal point of contact for you at all times and who will develop a close relationship with you to grow your business.
• Advice from our in-house tax specialist on all aspects of business and personal tax planning.
• Free advice from our independent financial adviser on company pension schemes, insurance, retirement planning and any other financial matters.
• Access to funding initiatives relevant to your business.
• Knowledge of local business sectors and key contacts in the area.
For further details visit www.ellis-uk.com or call us on 01244 343504.