Do we have your permission?

You are here: Home » News & Views » Do we have your permission?

  • For your business
Image for Do we have your permission?

Did you know we need to have your permission to speak to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)?

As your agent, Ellis & Co is unable to speak to HMRC about your tax accounts or payroll without your permission.

In order for Ellis & Co to speak to HMRC on your behalf you need to complete a 64-8 form.

The 64-8 form covers authorisation for individual tax affairs (partnerships, trusts, tax credits and individuals under PAYE) and business taxes (VAT, PAYE for employers and Corporation Tax).

If you’re a personal representative you can use form 64-8 in certain circumstances to ask HMRC to deal directly with an agent.*

The form can be downloaded from HMRC’s website, here.

Please note: ensure you have all information to hand in order to complete the form, as a partially completed form cannot be saved.

For further information about 64-8 contact Ellis & Co on 01244 343504.

*HM Revenue and Customs