The Making Tax Digital (MTD) service for VAT will be closed this coming weekend and into Monday.
HMRC has announced that ‘scheduled maintenance’ will take place from Saturday, September 21 at 10.15am until Monday, September 23 at 4pm.
During this period, customers and their agents will be unable to:
- Sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT,
- Create an Agent services account (although all other Agent services will be available),
- Submit VAT returns,
- View previous submissions and payment details,
- Set up new or cancel and amend existing direct debits,
- Review and update any business details,
- Access the Business Tax Account to view or change details.