Businesses,business representative groups and leading academics will be coming together to ‘unleash Britain’s growth potential’.
Business Secretary Alok Sharma will chair the first meeting of the ‘recovery roundtables’, discussing measures to support economic recovery and ensure we have the right skills and opportunities in place for Britain’s workforce over the next 18 months.
The group will also explore key domestic and global challenges to support a green and resilient recovery and ensure the UK is at the forefront of new and emerging industries.
Focused on five key themes, each group will explore how business can work with government to deliver economic growth and jobs:
- The future of industry: How to accelerate business innovation and leverage private sector investment in research and development
- Green recovery: How to capture economic growth opportunities from the shift to net zero carbon emissions
- Backing new businesses: How to make the UK the best place in the world to start and scale a business
- Increasing opportunity: How to level up economic performance across the UK, including through skills and apprenticeships
- The UK open for business: How to win and retain more high value investment for the UK