A Flood Relief Fund has been set up to help Welsh SMEs (including sole traders and micro businesses) recover from damage and disruption caused by storms Bella and Christoph.
Businesses recovering from the devastating effects of the floods are able to apply for a grant of £2,500 to help them with immediate costs to recover as quickly as possible.
The grant can be claimed by businesses that meet the following criteria:
- The business must be an SME based in Wales (including sole traders and micro businesses)
- The business needs to demonstrate that they have been directly impacted by storm Bella and/or storm Christoph, i.e. flood damage to the property, equipment and/or stock, causing severe disruption to business.
- Funding can only be used to cover costs that cannot be recovered from insurance
- One application per businesses
- Businesses will need to provide:
- details of estimated affected costs to their business
- evidence of business address (within the last three months)
- photographic evidence of damage.
When providing detail in the application form, please note the fund will not consider insurance excess fees as a contributing factor towards demonstrating significant disruption.
The Business Flood Relief Fund is open to applications until March 31, 2021, funds permitting.
To apply for the fund click here.
Ellis & Co Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers, Chester & Wrexham - 01244 343504, email@example.com
For further information contact Business Wales on 03000 603000.